Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Draft #2 Reading Response to: The orphan of ellis Island

This my response to the book i read The orphan of Ellis island by Elvira Woodruff. So far i would like to start off saying this book was absolutely amazing.I really enjoyed reading this book, because it really took me back in time. What i mean by this is that the author made me feel like i went back in time to Italy in the year 1909. The main character Dominic really showed his deep emotions and i could really feel his emotion within the text.I really like how this book really shows a lot of details and it really makes you feel like your there. I like how the author really makes the story take place at Ellis island at first and then in Italy in the year 1909.
I really enjoyed flipping through every page of this book and it really made me feel like i was an invisible character just standing there watching everything.
 When i was finishing this book i was really sad i saw this book coming to an end.. like an adventure finishing coming to its end. At the end it was really amazing, because i felt like all the puzzle pieces were put together and they all fit perfectly.  I don't want to ruin the ending of this book so i suggest for you to read it. You could really enjoy it like i did and really appreciate it like i did. You could also learn alot from the immigration era.. so go on and read the orphan of Ellis island!

2 comments:

  1. I liked the way you described the book and showed how much you loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely with you Serina (Once again). It could be a bit longer. I know exactly how you feel, I hate coming to the end of a good book too. haha

    ReplyDelete